FSEM 100BBB Kitchen Chemistry

The Magic School Bus Gets Baked in a Cake

September 4th, 2008 by awegner · 6 Comments

Ok, so the Magic School bus episode of the cake came into discussion Monday, and I figured I would find it online and post it to the blog since the chances of finding this on VHS or DvD was slim, so here it is, in three parts.

_______________________________________________

Part 1:

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNXWa3F07vg" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

_______________________________________________

Part 2:

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/Me1Ys16kSTg" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

_______________________________________________

Part 3:

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-UgKq4Czpo" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

_______________________________________________

SCHOLASTIC, THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS and logos are trademarks of Scholastic Inc. ©2001 Scholastic Inc. Based on The Magic School Bus book series ©Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen. All rights reserved.

Tags: chemistry · cooking · food · video

6 responses so far ↓

• kbetts // Sep 9th 2008 at 7:37 pm

There is also an episode where the kids learn how a cucumber turns into a pickle. It’s called “In a Pickle”

• ahosey // Sep 15th 2008 at 9:07 pm

I love the magic school bus! unfortunately I couldn’t watch all of this episode because the internet here is so slow, the videos take forever to load. However from what I saw it was just like I remembered. This show is great because it gets kids really interested in science because the it is so much fun to watch.

• lkerriga // Sep 18th 2008 at 12:47 pm

This is a fun way to learn about what goes into baking a cake! I love that the Magic School Bus teaches but is also entertaining at the same time. I like how it shows and explains all of the steps involved.

• bsimpson // Sep 18th 2008 at 2:27 pm

These Magic School Bus videos remind of a computer game I used to play when I was little. The object was to guess which planet Ms. Frizzle was on and that’s about all I remember from it.

• Breon // Sep 18th 2008 at 7:45 pm

I wish I could see this video, but it won’t load. But I remember watching this episode when I was younger. I used to wish that I had a teacher like Ms. Frizzle, who would take us on amazing fieldtrips, like outerspace:) I think my favorite episode was the one when they went to this haunted house and they learned about sound and vibrations.It was because of Magic School Bus and Bill Nye the Science Guy, that I really developed a love for science.

• Hapax Tag-omena – Semantic UMW // Nov 5th 2008 at 12:47 pm